Invest Northern Ireland & Indie Füde
Cheese & Whiskey: Bringing a New Partner to the Pairing Party
7:00pM (BST) SATURDAY 14th October – virtual event
About this event
While cheese and wine and cheese and beer are well-known combinations, the delightful flavors of rich blues and creamy bries can be enhanced by the smokey and floral notes of a good Irish Whiskey.
Join Stephen Stitt from Indie Füde and Peter Rogan from Echlinville Distillery on this irresistable, guided tasting of three beautiful Northern Irish cheeses alongside three superior Irish Whiskeys, and discover why cheese and whiskey make such delicious companions.
Be sure to order your cheese*, by clicking on the Buy Cheese link above, by midday Wednesday 11th October to ensure delivery in time to taste along with Stephen and Peter for the full experience on the evening.
- Young Buck: Award-winning blue from Mike’s Fancy Cheese
- The Triple Rose: Triple cream, bloomy rind from Ballylisk Dairies
- Meeny Hill: Semi-hard goats’ cheese from Dart Mountain Cheese
- Dunvilles PX10: a 10 year-old Single Malt
- Dunville’s Three Crowns Peated: a peated vintage blend of selected aged malt and grain whiskeys with a subtle wisp of smoke. Ireland’s Best Blended Whiskey, World Whiskies Awards 2019.
- Dunville’s Three Crowns: a premium vintage blend of superior aged whiskeys finished in three of the finest sherry casks
* delivery to the UK and NI only (and ROI by special request).
About Indie Füde
Indie Fude curates small-batch food and drink made in Ireland. We work with and support the island’s most exciting independent makers. We believe in craft, flavour, and supporting the people behind the product.
Please note, all events and speakers are subject to change or alteration.
Connect & Share
If you like what you see and eat, please shout about it on social media using the hashtag #BigCheeseWeekender. And do please keep buying good cheese: now, for the festival and afterwards!