Red Peppers and Cheshire Cheese
Created by Amy Jones at Belton Farm
Connect with Belton Farm
- 4 Long sweet red peppers
- 2 Red peppers, thinly sliced
- 250g-300g Belton Farm Cheshire cheese
- 300ml-500ml Whipping cream or double
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 180c/160c fan/gas mark 4.
- Place peppers directly onto oven shelf, cook until blackened and soft, place in a bowl and cover with clingfilm and wait until cool, the skin should peel away easily.
- Meanwhile cut the Cheshire cheese into 4 little finger sized wedges, grate remainder.
- Remove the skin from the peppers and as many seeds as possible, being careful not to remove the stalks from the sweet long peppers.
- Make a small cut in the 4 peppers and put the finger sized wedge of Cheshire cheese inside then put into a baking dish.
- Slice the other peppers into thin strips and add to dish. Pour over the cream and add the grated Cheshire cheese, carefully mix. Season to taste.
- Cook in oven for 20-30 minutes, or until brown, hot and bubbling. Serve with warm crusty bread and a green salad.
Share this recipe
Subscribe for Cheese Love
There’s a lot happening before, during and after the Big Cheese Weekender! Give us your email address and we’l keep you up to date with events, tastings, competitions and much more.